Why I Trust Him

Matthew 7:9-11 Which of you, if his son asks for bread would give him a stone, or if he asks for a fish will give him a snake. If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in Heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Waiting for Bureaucrats

Waiting for this appeals process to complete so we can finally adopt is a little like waiting for your tax return.  I can't see what they are doing.  I have no idea what the back log is and I imagine this file sitting on someone's desk waiting to get noticed...  My tax return is only important to me and when the IRS decided to delay last year it was completely out of my control although everything was in order.  Like my tax return, this appeals process is only important to us.  Everyone else can take their sweet time.

After the holidays we are going to go ahead with finishing up our part of the adoption side of things.  We are going to do the fingerprinting and paperwork that will be required of us.  Hopefully when this all wraps up we will have done all we can to be ready and maybe, hopefully, help things to move that much faster.  I want the official forever stamp.

I heard Obie (Tyke) and Cy discussing adoption again yesterday.  I am not sure why Obie brings this up to Cy the most.  He always asks Cy, "Am I 'dopted yet?" I think in part its because he really wants to share a room with Cy and Cy's room is in the basement.  Cy's window is such that you can easily climb in and out if need be, but it is not an "official" egress window, so it is not allowed.

No comments:

Post a Comment