Why I Trust Him

Matthew 7:9-11 Which of you, if his son asks for bread would give him a stone, or if he asks for a fish will give him a snake. If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in Heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!

Monday, October 21, 2013

Budding Artist

Baby is Zee.  Tot is Chi.  Tyke is Obee.  Hope that helps Mitzy ;)  I tried to fix descriptions on my website and it wouldn't save the changes.  Frustrating.

My daughter came to me crying yesterday.  Her brother told her her artwork was no good.   My little girl loves to draw.  I pulled out artwork from 3 years ago that was nearly unrecognizable.   "Look how far you've come Liv.  You get better at what you love to do because you do it over and over."  I compared her artwork to an artist in another book.  "It's true that you can't create something like this yet, but look how much closer you are now than you were?"  I laid out all 3 pieces; her piece from yesterday, her piece from age 4, and the piece from the master artist.

I started crying.  This road has not been easy.  I was JUST complaining in prayer about my inadequacies to the Lord. I see a picture that is not nearly as beautiful as what I am aiming for and then my crying 7 year old walked in.

This picture of our family, and my picture of myself have come so far from the survival mess we were.  All I focus on is the Master version of what we are supposed to be and I lose sight of the growth from a fresh an inexperienced hand to one that is purposing to create something beautiful.  This family just gets better and better at what we love because we are intentionally working towards our family masterpiece.

No comments:

Post a Comment