Why I Trust Him

Matthew 7:9-11 Which of you, if his son asks for bread would give him a stone, or if he asks for a fish will give him a snake. If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in Heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!

Monday, October 14, 2013

Its just so stinking hard sometimes

God is so kind to give me peaceful days.  I actually start to think that maybe I did something right and we are moving into happily ever after.  

Then a certain toddler takes a stick to his sister.  He gets sent to his room where meltdowns begin.  I am tired (not feeling therapeutic) and I am just trying to shut it down.  He could have put her eye out and I don't want to have to hold him right now so he feels good about himself.  I am tired.

I shutdown the nonsense in a not so sweet way.   What does that mean now?  It means this toddler is now going to do whatever he can to thwart my authority and I will be in a tug of war until I go to him and intentionally connect. 

Except...  I don't feel like connecting with a loaded gun.  If I don't do it right we all pay the consequences.  Sometimes this is hard because it all feels based on how I perform.  Was my voice soft enough?  Was eye contact threatening?   Maybe I am giving him the wrong foods.  Did I do it all right?  Am I creating that loving connection?  

There is so much improvement,  I kind of forget when things go downhill.  God is working in all of us.  I just want to love this boy of mine and days like this it's really hard because I know its up to me, to help him find his footing.  He's being disobedient right this moment...  it's just hard sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment