Why I Trust Him

Matthew 7:9-11 Which of you, if his son asks for bread would give him a stone, or if he asks for a fish will give him a snake. If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in Heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!

Friday, May 10, 2013

What I Should be Doing

Right now I should be folding laundry

I should start packing for vacation,

I should be doing Liv's hair for Family Showcase tonight,


and I should be paying the bills and balancing the checkbook.

I should be doing a lot of stuff right now, but I'm not because I'm procratinating and its sort of wonderful.


I really can't afford to be lazy with so many needing so much from me, but I could literally fill an entire day doing all the things I should be doing.  If I have learned anything in all this time doing foster care I have learned to steal my downtime from the list of "shoulds" and revel in it.




Just in case you'd like to know, Family Showcase is our homeschool groups end of the year gathering.  Our kids create projects or perform a talent for the group "showcasing" some skill they have been working on that year.

No comments:

Post a Comment