Why I Trust Him

Matthew 7:9-11 Which of you, if his son asks for bread would give him a stone, or if he asks for a fish will give him a snake. If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in Heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Doubtful

   It seems doubtful to me that we will get either boy brought here for Christmas.  I do pray that they both go to a wonderful home and yes, I kind of hope it is for Christmas.  The caseworker had mentioned that the first little boy had an unprecedented amount of home studies submitted.  The second little boy's information came with a note that he would need to be moved quickly.  It makes me think he is not coming here since we haven't even gotten a call yet.  I am waiting for my time.  It is hard, but I want to wait patiently.

   My little boy said tonight, "Mom, maybe we will wait 10 years!"  His 7 year old musings are so close to my heart on this.  We talk about it as I am putting him to bed.  "Mom, do you think we will get our family soon?"

"I don't know Cy, just talk to Jesus about it. It's been a real roller coaster."

He looks at me eyes wide at my amazing metaphor and exclaims, "Yes! It is so twisty and turny like the ones where you don't know where your going next at Disney World!  I am going to be glad to be off this roller coaster."

I had to smile.  I didn't realize it was the first time he'd heard the roller coaster analogy.  Not only will I be thrilled to get "our family" but I too will be happy to step off this particular roller coaster.

No comments:

Post a Comment