Why I Trust Him

Matthew 7:9-11 Which of you, if his son asks for bread would give him a stone, or if he asks for a fish will give him a snake. If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in Heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Christmas Wish

   Is it okay to have a Christmas wish even when you are pretty confident in the silliness of it?  Well, here is my wish... I wish the phone would ring and someone on the other end would say, "We have little ones for you.  Can we bring them right away?"
   Last night I dreamed I was looking for a sign.  Looking for the little child that might be mine.  I was in a store and I saw a little boy in a checkout line.  I thought, "There he is!"  I look on adoption websites all the time.  I can't sleep for thinking there may be some stone I have not turned over, some line of thought that needs more exploring.  What is wrong with me?  I have such a sense of urgency about this and it doesn't make sense.  The Lord has given me children.  I am not alone and if he never does another thing for me I am blessed far beyond what I deserve.
   I do not like feeling like a failure in the patience department either.  This inability on my part to set something off to the side and just... Oh I don't know... enjoy the holiday, it really frustrates me.  I am looking forward to Christmas morning with my babies.  I love my family and our home, but for some reason knowing the Lord wants us to adopt makes this Christmas feel incomplete. I feel that we are not all here.  The rest of my family is "out there" somewhere and they don't even know me or the way I already love them even though I have never seen, or touched, or heard their voices.

So I guess, really my Christmas Wish, or prayer really is for Peace and Joy to wrap around my family's celebration of the King's birthday.   That is where I need to be, and Christ, who has given so much, can give me that as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment