Why I Trust Him

Matthew 7:9-11 Which of you, if his son asks for bread would give him a stone, or if he asks for a fish will give him a snake. If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in Heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

A Growing Family

In the last few days I had decided not to jump everytime the phone rang.  I had decided not to bother carrying my cell phone with me every second.  I had decided not to live as if myt life might change at any moment.  It was just too much to constantly wonder.

You can imagine my surprise when I realized I never took my phone off the charger this morning.  I went to retrieve it and found that a caseworker had called 2 hours ago.  "Don't get excited.  Don't get excited!"  I told myself.  Most likely it was another form of paperwork I had forgotten or a class we could attend.  The voicemail let me know otherwise.  A sibling group of 3 young boys needs a place to go.

I am in this strange place of being so excited and being so nervous at the same time.  First of all these boys aren't free for adoption.  Their case is complicated and I do not know what the outcome may be.  Secondly we are going from a family of 4 to a family of 7!

As crazy as it may seem to some of you that is the part I am most excited about.  I am happy to fill our Excursion and our home up.  I don't just want to live with more than we need because its comfortable.  I want to fill the space up and God is letting me do that.

Another point of nervousness is just the wondering what the dynamic will be like. I am wondering how the children will adjust to one another and to us.  I am wondering how we will adjust to them... and on another level I am just so sad for them and for their bio parents and for this crazy sin-filled world we live in.

God be praised!  He is going to use me to be a blessing to more children!

No comments:

Post a Comment