Why I Trust Him

Matthew 7:9-11 Which of you, if his son asks for bread would give him a stone, or if he asks for a fish will give him a snake. If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in Heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Correcting and Reconnecting

That's about how my day goes all day long.  The correcting part comes easy.  I jump on that bandwagon in a split second.   I am there before I even intend to be.  Parenting so many young kids had made me very reactive... When the 2 year old is eating a sharpie, the 3 year old is playing in the sink, and the 4 year old is announcing he's big enough to collect eggs by himself that reactive thing gets intense.

BUT, I am actually learning something...  I am going to correct and I may not be Polly Perfect in my style, but I reconnect as soon as possible.  I smile at them or touch them softly or make a funny face. I behave as if I actually like them and  I show in some small way that I want to stay connected.  When I do that the tension inside them releases, sometimes a little... sometimes a lot.  We rarely have deep and meaningful conversations.  I just find a way to show a little "I like you," and it is one of the things that makes my chaotic life work a little better.




No comments:

Post a Comment