Why I Trust Him

Matthew 7:9-11 Which of you, if his son asks for bread would give him a stone, or if he asks for a fish will give him a snake. If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in Heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!

Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Pancake Therapy

It seems Obie was not done working out his feelings.  We began another day of attention getting antics and crocodile tears.  I was getting F R U S T R A T E D.

I hate it when a beautiful talk sometimes stirs things up for awhile. 

He got in trouble for impulse control issues that led to someone else being hurt at a local gym. He was so upset with me for making him sit out for the last 20 minutes he pulled out the stops verbally to make sure he had my attention. 

Afterwards, I dropped the kids off with a babysitter and drove around my country mile a couple times.  I was becoming reactive and I needed to step away. 

At some point I just knew that all he needed was to be certain of our connection.  I stopped back at the house and picked him up.  We talked and talked and talked because he is quite a talker.  I picked up on some things that were making him have anxiety and he asked if I had a headache, "cause sometimes you get one when your stressed and then I get you a glass of water."  It's no lie he really will show up with a cup of water.  My funny, smart, outrageous kid, he knew I was stressed out earlier.

  We ate pancakes and discussed how Mommy can get stressed out and how he can get stressed out.  We talked about what family means and he was tracking with me all the way.  "Family means like when I get mad at Cyrus because he won't let me in his room, but I still want to keep him?"  We expounded on that beautiful point.

Since our afternoon rescue of pancakes and quality time Obie has had a great day and he seems to be self-regulating again.  Thank you Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment