Why I Trust Him

Matthew 7:9-11 Which of you, if his son asks for bread would give him a stone, or if he asks for a fish will give him a snake. If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in Heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!

Friday, September 6, 2013

Caseworker visit

Today an adoption caseworker came to visit.  Its our 2nd month on the new side of all of this.  We are no longer working with an ongoing caseworker.  I should be relieved and actually I am, but its still hard.  I am so excited for the day when they are just mine and I decide when and who we visit. 
I don't know why, but as we were cleaning the bedrooms today Obie started talking about biomom and became all fearful about having to go see her.  Even hearing that a caseworker is coming over is enough to bring out his insecurities.   I reassured him as best I could, but he started getting very repetitive, which is something he does when he is anxious.  Finally, I got my no-nonsense voice out and told him he wasn't going anywhere unless I said so and I would not be allowing any visits because they made my boys too sad.  That was enough for him and he moved on to discussions about new things.  Obie knows adoption means something big.  He knows he's not adopted, but that he is going to be.  He will ask me randomly if he is adopted. 
"No,  not yet."
"But I am going to be right Mom?  Right?  Then I can sleep in the basement like Cy if l want?  Right?"
Somewhere along the line he even picked up that he is not allowed a room in the basement.
Even though this time post termination is 1000x better than than pre termination I know there will be sweet relief for one little boy when this is all finally settled.

No comments:

Post a Comment